The Nikon D6 is the brand's latest professional level DSLR that packs incredible autofocus capabilities and superior image quality to allow for capturing images and video in even the most challenging lighting situations or during the fastest action. The D6';s rugged exterior is built around a full-frame 20MP CMOS sensor paired with Nikon's 105-point triple-sensor autofocus system that can allow the D6 to focus at even -4.5EV. The D6 can also capture UHD 4K video at up to 30fps with a 1.5x crop.
NIKON D6 DSLR CAMERA
Nikon's professional DSLR camera bodies are designed to give the highest possible image quality along with industry leading intelligent autofocus in a package that is robust and reliable regardless of the conditions. The 20MP CMOS sensor, powered by Nikon's latest EXPEED 6 processor works in tandem with the brand's most powerful autofocus system to insure sharp images with incredible detail and the lowest levels of noise and distortion possible.
- 20.8 MP CMOS Sensor with EXPEED 6 Processor
- 100-102,400 ISO (expandable to 3,280,000)
- 105-point Autofocus System
- 14fps continuos shooting
- UHD 4K 30p video with ~1.5x crop
The 105-point cross-type AF system reduces the amount of non-AF-sensitive areas in the frame and with the new 17 custom Group Area AF function, autofocus can be tuned to match the scene type. The D6 can shoot at up to 14fps continuous shooting at ISO levels up to 102,400 (expandable to 3,280,000).
In addition to still images, the D6 captures UHD 4K video with an ~1.5x crop factor at up to 30p. An HDMI output allows for the use of external monitors and recorders. A 1000BASE-T LAN connection also allows for external control or image transfer at speeds up to 15% faster than with the D5.
The Nikon D6 features 14 customizable controls, allowing the user quick access to their most needed functions. The Custom Settings Menu can hold up to four custom shooting combinations making switching between different scene types faster and more reliable.
The EN-EL18c Li-ion battery delivers up to 3,580 shots per charge or up to 105 minutes of video recording. The D6 features dual XQD/CFexpress card slots which can be setup to record in an overflow or backup configuration.
THE NAUTICAM NA-D6 UNDERWATER HOUSING
Nauticam's lineup of aluminum housings are designed with the user in mind offering easy assembly, proven durability, intuitive control placement and an extensive range of optics and accessories. The NA-D6 is designed specifically for the Nikon D6 to take advantage of the camera's customizability and powerful autofocus features.
The NA-D6 is designed with the Mission Control philosophy, placing the most used controls within easy reach from the ergonomic handles. The NA-D6 features double thumb levers at the rear of the housing that trigger the AF-ON and REC buttons of the camera on the right side and PLAYBACK/INFO on the left. Nested levers for ISO and the 'Pv' control are also located near the right handle for easy access. A dual action lever for 'Fn1' and 'Fn2' customizable buttons a the front of the camera has been redesigned for enhanced usability over the NA-D5 version.
HMDI AND ETHERNET
Connectivity to external monitors via HDMI or external controls over Ethernet are facilitated through the bulkheads of the NA-D6. The housing has M28 and M14 bulkheads at the front and a rear M16. Check the Resources section for compatible monitor and ethernet configurations.
The NA-D6 ships with a pre-installed manual LED flash trigger which provides reliable flash triggering for the majority of optically triggered external underwater strobes. A TTL version of the flash trigger (26308) is also available to provide automatic exposure control with compatible strobes.
OPTICS AND ACCESSORIES
The Nauticam N120 Port System supports a wide variety of Nikon F Mount lenses with both optical glass and acrylic port options. The NA-D6 can also take advantage of Nauticam's water-contact optics such as the WACP-1, WACP-2 as well as the SMC-1 and SMC-2 which are designed to deliver the highest image quality possible underwater for both wide-angle and macro. Nauticam's magnifying viewfinders, available in both 45º and 180º versions allow for easier use of the D6's large bright optical viewfinder and can be installed in minuted without tools.
|Dimensions||368mm(W) x 233mm (H) x 147mm(D)|
|Weight in air||3.8kg|
|Weight in water||0.05kg (incl. camera and battery)|
What's In The Box
- NA-D6 Housing
- 1x Manual LED flash trigger_ pre installed
- 90134 Spare main O-ring, O-ring remover and lubricant
- 2x Optical bulkhead caps
- 2x Handles with mounting balls
- Panasonic CR-2450 Battery (for moisture alarm)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Manual instruction card
- Padded housing bag and shoulder strap
- 25625 M16 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 32201 Nauticam 180˚ straight viewfinder
- 32203 Nauticam 45˚ viewfinder
- 26308 TTL Converter for Nikon 26216 Universal Optical Fiber Cable
- 28123 Pair of handles - size S (10mm closer to housing)
- 28130 Hand Strap for 28113 (For NA-1DXII/1DXIII/D500/D5/80D/A9)
- 25080 M28-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 26074 M14 Nikonos 5-pin Bulkhead with Micro Connector for Nikon TTL Converter
- 26075 M14 Ikelite Style Bulkhead with Micro Connector for Nikon TTL Converter
Required accessories for HDMI 2.0 Cable System
- 25089 M28 HDMI 2.0 Adapter
- 25091 M28C1R215-M28A1R170 HDMI 2.0 Cable (for NA-1DXIII to use with Ninja V housing)
- 17922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 1 0-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable)
- 17922S Nauticam Atomos Ninja V-S Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable) with Atomos AtomX SDI Module
Required accessories for HDMI 1.4 Cable System
- 25033 Standard HDMI bulkhead with M16 thread*
- 25080 M28-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25036 HDMI (D-C) cable in 190mm length (for connection from HDMI bulkhead to camera)
*25033,25036 is included in monitor housing
- 17920 NA-502B-H Housing for SmallHD 502 Bright Monitor
- 17923 NA-Shinobi-H Housing for Atomos Shinobi 5.2" 4K HDMI Monitor with HDMI 1.4 input
Ethernet Output for Remote Control
- 16281 Housing Lemo Bulkhead with Integrated Ethernet Cable in 220mm
- (includes M28 to M24 adapter)
- 16282 Nauticam Ethernet Surface Cable in 45 meter length