The Nauticam NA-R3 professional aluminum underwater housing for the Canon EOS R3 mirrorless full frame camera is a tru hybrid shooting solution, just as the R3 itself.
Nauticam has continuously supported both the Canon pro-level DSLR lineup as well as the growing full-frame RF-mount mirrorless cameras with innovative underwater housings and the new NA-R3 is the combination of all those technologies.
Blending elements of our 1D series housings with those for the R series, the NA-R3 will be the most capable housing for the R3 available.
Nauticam engineers design each housing to insure that controls are placed where they are needed most and within easy reach of a natural hand position.
The NA-R3 features large knurled control dials for the main and sub-command dials as well as an additional shoulder dial for the customizable control wheel of the R3.
A fourth control wheel, near the front of the left handle can articulate the ring of the optional EF-to-RF lens adapter when using EF lenses. There is a dual thumb lever on the right side for Record and AF-ON as well as single levers for M-Fn and Fn2.
A lever on the left side actuates the Pv control which can change between exposure preview and OVF simulation modes on the EVF. An additional dual thumb lever on the left side is for Playback and Magnification.
HDMI 2.0 AND MOUNTING POINTS
The R3 can output clean 6K 60p over HDMI and the NA-R3 features a large bore M24 bulkhead to support an HDMI 2.0 connection to an external monitor or recorder.
Mounting the monitor or recorder or other accessories is even easier with 3x 1/4"-20 mounting holes as well as an additional M10 mounting point atop the housing.
Check the resources sidebar for supported monitor/recorder housings and recommended accessories.
Flash triggering can be accomplished via the two included M14 electronic bulkheads (One is pre-installed in the M24 bulkhead via a removable M26-M14 adapter).
If using fiber-optic triggering, the built-in fiber optic bulkheads can be used with either the optional manual LED or TTL-flash triggers to provide the desired type of strobe power control.
PREMIUM PROFESSIONAL OPTICS
The NA-R3 is built around the N120 Canon RF-mount Port System which supports a wide array of Canon RF mount lenses with a selection of optical glass and acrylic ports.
With lens-removal controls for both EF and RF mount lenses, the NA-R3 can support both lens mount types without modification to the housing.
The EF-RF lens adapter is accommodated inside the housing which allows for the use of the N120 Canon EF-mount Port System without any additional extension rings.
When switching between an EF and RF lens, the camera must be removed to install or remove the adapter.
The Nauticam lineup of Premium Professional Optics can deliver unparalleled optical quality and expanded creative options. When used with the Canon RF 14-35 F/4 IL USM lens, the WACP-2 creates a stunning 140º field-of-view while maintaining an incredibly natural looking image and excellent corner sharpness.
The SMC-1 delivers 2.3x macro magnification to the RF 100mm macro lens while the SMC-2 delivers 3.3x.
VACUUM CHECK AND LEAK DETECTION SYSTEM
The housing comes with electronics pre-installed for Nauticam's Vacuum Check and Leak Detection system, requiring only the optional M16 Vacuum Valve (25625).
This monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple color coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum.
Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur.
The Nauticam system is temperature compensated, eliminating false alarms caused by a change in outside temperature, or from a camera heating up on an action packed dive.
USER MANUAL PDF DOWNLOAD:
What's In The Box
- NA-R3 Housing with two handles and mount balls
- 2pcs of 5 pin bulkhead pre-installed
- 90222 Spare main O-ring, o-ring remover and lubricant
- 2x Optical bulkhead caps
- Panasonic CR-2450 Battery (for moisture alarm)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Manual instruction card
- Padded housing bag and shoulder strap
- 25221 M10 strobe mounting ball for housing
- 25625 M16 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 32211 Nauticam Full Frame Straight Viewfinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32212 Nauticam Full Frame Straight Viewfinder 40°/ 0.8:1
- 32213 Nauticam Full Frame Angle Viewinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32214 Nauticam Full Frame Angle Viewinder 40°/ 0.8:1
- 32201 Nauticam 180˚ straight viewfinder
- 32203 Nauticam 45˚ viewfinder
- 26301 Flash trigger for Canon
- 26216 Universal Optical Fiber Cable
- 19561 Gear for Canon EF-EOS R Control Ring Mount Adaptor
- 26320 Control Kit for Canon Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter EF-EOS R, Compatible from SN A482725
- 28130 Hand Strap for 28113 (For NA-1DXII/1DXIII/D500/D5/80D/A9)
- 25017 M14 6 pin bulkhead for Canon system
- 25020 Canon hotshoe plug to a M14 Nikonos bulkhead (x and ground connection only)
- 90222 Housing O-ring (I.D.=220mm, C.S.=4.0mm)
HDMI Output Accessories
Required accessories for HDMI 2.0 Cable System
- 25086 M24 adaptor for HDMI 2.0 cable (incl. tightening tool)
- 25077 M24D1R205-M28A1R170 HDMI 2.0 Cable (for NA-XT3 to use with Ninja V housing (SN from A387700)
- 17922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 1 0-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable)
- 17922S Nauticam Atomos Ninja V-S Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable) with Atomos AtomX SDI Module
Required accessories for HDMI 1.4 Cable System
- 25033 Standard HDMI bulkhead with M16 thread*
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25076 HDMI (D-D) Cable in 200mm Length for NA-XT2 (for internal connection from HDMI bulkhead to camera)
*25033 is included in monitor housing
- 17920 NA-502B-H Housing for SmallHD 502 Bright Monitor
- 17923 NA-Shinobi-H Housing for Atomos Shinobi 5.2" 4K HDMI Monitor
- 17925 NA-503-H Housing for SmallHD 503 UltraBright On-Camera Monitor
Required Accessories for Surface control by Ethernet
- 16281 Housing Lemo Bulkhead with Integrated Ethernet Cable
- 16282 Nauticam Ethernet Surface Cable in 45 meter length
- 16283 Nauticam Ethernet Surface Cable in 5 meter length
Required Monitor Mounting system