Sony's latest full frame mirrorless camera, the a7C offers the underwater image maker one of the most compact and travel friendly full frame systems available on the market today.
The A7C features Sony's latest stellar autofocus and a much improved battery life thanks to its use of the larger Z series battery. The BIONZ X processor delivers superb low-light performance and faster image processing.
For video shooters, the A7C features internal UHD 4K capture in the wide-dynamic range HLG image profile at up to 30p.
|Dimensions||307mm (W) x 172mm (H) x 103mm(D)|
|Weight (in air)||1.78kg|
|Weight (in water w/ camera)||0.19kg|
THE NAUTICAM NA-A7C UNDERWATER HOUSING
Nauticam is the industry leader in mirrorless interchangeable lens underwater camera support. Nauticam has housed more mirrorless cameras, and more Sony E Mount cameras than any other housing manufacturer. This experience results in the most evolved housing line with broadest range of accessories available today.
Pioneering optical accessories elevate performance to a new level. Magnifying viewfinders, the sharpest super macro accessory lenses ever made, and now the highest quality water contact wide angle lenses (the WWL-1 and WACP-1) combine with the NA-A7C housing to form a complete imaging system.
Nauticam is known for ergonomics, and an unmatched experience. Key controls are placed at the photographer’s fingertips. The housing and accessories are light weight, and easy to assemble. The camera drops in without any control presetting, and lens port changes are effortless.
NA-A7C features an integrated handle system. This ergonomic style provides exceptional control access, even with thick gloves, with ideal placement of the shutter release and a thumb-lever to actuate the AF-ON button from the right handle.
Nauticam build quality is well known by underwater photographers around the globe. The housing is machined from a solid block of aluminum, then hard anodized making it impervious to salt water corrosion. Marine grade stainless and plastic parts complete the housing, and it is backed by a two year warranty against manufacturing defects.
Several in-house Nauticam optical designs, designed by founder and Managing Director Edward Lai, are the perfect lenses to pair with an a7C underwater system. The magic of the water contact lenses is their tremendous versatility, paired with outstanding in-water performance. Both macro and super wide angle optics are available to the underwater photographer on the same dive. These lenses are completely engineered for use in water, providing the highest image quality available today in a water contact optic. While there are many options, we'll focus on the most compact and versatile setup to match the travel friendly size of the a7C.
WWL-1 is a wide angle conversion lens, compatible with the Sony FE 28-60mm f/4-5.6 lens, providing 130 degree diagonal field of view with full zoom through! The WWL-1 offers class leading center sharpness, corner sharpness, and contrast resulting in some of the best wide angle images possible underwater.
CMC-1 and CMC-2 provide the best macro performance for the Sony FE 28-60mm f/4-5.6 lens, with two different magnification strengths, suitable for a wide variety of macro subjects. CMC-2 is less strong, making it easier to use with more accurate autofocus. CMC-1 is best suited for the smallest of macro subjects. Macro enthusiasts will surely want both!
FAST AND RELIABLE FLASH TRIGGERING
Reliable rapid fire manual flash triggering is available with the NA-A7C for a variety of optically fired flashes when used with the LED Flash Trigger (26302). The NA-A7C comes fiber optic ready and accepts the Universal Fiber Optic Cable (26216).
Strobes and light arms can be attached to the housing via included 1″ accessory mounting balls.
Electrical strobe triggering is still an option for those with an investment in legacy lighting gear, requiring the purchase of an accessory electrical bulkhead (25056).
SUPPORT & DOWNLOADS
User Manual Download
What's In The Box:
- NA-A7C Housing
- 1x 90139 Spare Main O-ring , O-ring remover and lubricant
- Housing Cap
- CR-2032 Battery (for Moisture Alarm)
- Set of Allen Keys
- Padded housing bag and shoulder strap
- 2x Stainless Steel Handle Brackets
- 2x Handles with mounting balls
- 26302 Mini Flash Trigger for Sony
- 26216 Universal Fiber Optic Cable
- 25624 M14 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 32204 Nauticam 180˚ straight viewfinder for MIL housings
- 32205 Nauticam 45˚ viewfinder for MIL housing
- 37202 Nikonos adaptor for NA-A7II/A9/A7RIII/A7RIV/a2020/A7C
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25056 M14 Nikonos 5-pin bulkhead with universal hotshoe connection
- 25226 20cm lanyard with shackles
- 25412 23cm lanyard with 2 snap hooks
HDMI Recommended Configurations
For HDMI 2.0 Cable System
- 25086 M24 adaptor for HDMI 2.0 cable
- 25098 M24D3R140-M28A1R170 HDMI 2.0 Cable (for NA-A7C to use with Ninja V housing)
- 17922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Reorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable)
For HDMI 1.4 Cable System
- 25033 Standard HDMI Cable with M16 Thread
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25076 HDMI (D-D) 1.4 Cable in 200mm Length for NA-XT2/XH1/A6400/R5/A7C (for internal connection from HDMI bulkhead to camera)
- 17906 NA-502H Housing for SmallHD 502 Monitor
- 17920 NA-502B-H Housing for SmallHD 502 Bright Monitor
- 17923 NA-Shinobi-H Housing for Atomos Shinobi 5.2" 4K HDMI Monitor with
HDMI 1.4 input
*25033 is included in monitor housing
VACUUM AND LEAK DETECTOR SYSTEM TUTORIAL
INTEGRATED VACUUM CHECK AND LEAK DETECTION SYSTEM
The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is available with NA-A7C as standard equipment. Combined with an optional vacuum valve (PN 25624), this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur.