Nauticam is pleased to announce the latest release in its acclaimed line of precision crafted camera housings, the NA-D810 Housing for Nikon’s 36.3 megapixel D810. NA-D810 is the first underwater housing for Nikon D810 to be shown publicly, and will be on the shelves of dealers, and in the hands of users, by the end of August. Nauticam once again leads the industry by delivering this superior system less than 6 weeks from the initial camera ship date.
The NA-D810 Housing
The NA-D810 is an evolutionary marvel. A long list of pioneering engineering breakthroughs from previous Nauticam designs are now standard in NA-D810. The patented housing Locking Latch System has received acclaim worldwide for its ease and functionality. These recessed latches are equipped with safety locks, reduce bulk and require minimal physical effort to engage and release. Port changes have never been simpler than utilizing the Patented Nauticam Locking Port Release. No wrestling, no twisting, no misalignment – just seat and lock. Lens changes are also easily accomplished without removing the camera from the housing using the lens release button logically accessed on the housing front. The lightweight, rugged Nauticam handles are generously contoured with a durable over-mold process of comfortable non-slip rubber. The vacuum monitoring and leak detection circuit provides peace of mind by enabling the user to ensure that their housing is water tight before entering the water.
The NA-810 is a shining example of the best that Nauticam has to offer. Every control placement is well thought out. Every button, lever and switch considered not in terms of what is easier for the designer, but what is right for the shooter. An excellent example is the patent pending Multi Controller Pad that is located within easy reach of the right thumb. The device virtually recreates the Nikon multi selector on the back of the NA-810 housing allowing full multidirectional use of this powerful tool (including diagonal movement). No other manufacturer has this. Camera loading is “drop in”å simple, with no controls requiring pre-alignment, allowing the fastest and easiest setup possible.
Core camera controls such as shutter release, aperture, shutter speed, live view, info, exposure compensation, depth of field preview, Fn, flash exposure compensation, focus mode, AF/M and zoom are located at the user’s fingertips. Dual thumb levers, located on the right and left sides of NA-D810 pull important camera functionality from the back of the housing out to the handles. This allows quick access to Video Record, AF-ON (for thumb activated focus), ISO and Image Playback. Complete control of the camera is available from the ergonomic rubberized handles.
INTEGRATED VACUUM CHECK AND LEAK DETECTION SYSTEM
The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is shipped with NA-1DXII as standard equipment. Combined with an accessory vacuum valve (PN 25625), this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple color coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur.
The Nauticam system is temperature compensated, eliminating false alarms caused by a change in outside temperature, or from a camera heating up on an action packed dive.
- Unsurpassed build quality, designed by an award winning engineering team, and produced utilizing the most modern manufacturing technology available.
- Ergonomically placed controls with size, shape, and color differentiation.
- Access to all camera controls. All controls clearly labeled.
- Patented two stage shutter release system, allowing precise feel over half press and full press.
- Patented Port Locking System.
- Patent pending Multi Controller pad.
- Lens release button.
- Easy to operate locking housing latches.
- Rubberized ergonomic grips.
- Quick release camera mounting plate.
- Optical strobe connectors for fiber optic flash triggering.
- Dual M16 accessory holes for electrical bulkhead, HDMI, hydrophone, or vacuum valve installation.
- Integrated vacuum monitoring and leak detection circuit (valve optional).
- Dual 1” (25mm) strobe mounting balls included as standard equipment.
- 1/4-20 tripod mounting holes.
- Dual 10mm threaded accessory mounting points.
- .66x optical glass pickup finder (magnifying 180 and 45 viewfinders available optionally).
- Depth Rating
- 350mm (W) × 208mm (H) × 134mm (D)
- Port Opening